Friday, April 20, 2012

14 months old

Matthew is 14 months old today!  This age is so exciting!  Matthew continues to be Happy Baby.  Just this past Monday, I had to take Matthew with me to Robert's tball practice.  While we were waiting for him, Matthew ran around in the outfield and rolled in the grass.  I have never seen a person exhibit such pure joy and happiness.  He laughed and giggled and squealed.  And of course he smiled. 

He seems to be picking up the signs I have been teaching him.  Yesterday at dinner, he seemed to give his version of finished!  But he is also working on his words.  He still uses the word "this" which is very effective.  We pretty much are able to guess what he wants.  His "da da" is pretty solid now too.  When Robert comes home, Matthew gets so excited and runs to see him while shouting "da da!"  I have to get that on tape. 

He eats mostly everything. Right now he is greatly enjoying strawberries.  But he has to have the entire berry because he won't eat a piece that I have cut off for him  What an independent little boy. 

Love having him in my life.  He is such a wonderful baby!

No comments: